Thursday 15 October 2020

Adventures in the Far North

 " Yayy the holidays!! " I yelled to my mum as I jumped into the car. I was really excited for these holidays because it was going to be the first holidays I spend with my dad and his family for the first time ever. On my way down to Whangarei I had mixed emotions and I was feeling really nervous. When I arrived my older cousins were waiting for me at the front of the driveway waving at me. My cousin Vanni was the most excited to see me because we became close the first time we meet so it made my nervous fade away. " I missed you " my younger said to me as I hugged her " I missed you too " I said with a smile across my face. 


The first day in whangarei was filled with Adrenalin and anticipation. My older cousins and I biked around OT ( Otangarei )  and Tikipunga and ate a lot of food. My aunty dropped us off in the town center and we met up with a few friends and other cousins. We went to the movies, park and spent time lying by a tree listening to music and talking about things. This was my first day here and I was already loving it. We headed home and sat in the shed chilling and doing tiktoks. I had the chance to meet some of my first cousins Ziah, William & anna who had came up from Hamilton. We automatically clicked and we spent



My second day in Whangarei we all woke up very late ( 11 o’clock ) and headed into town to pick up my cousins friends and biked to the water hole for a swim. There was a group of us so feeding everyone was pretty hard considering we only had $30 dollars to spend between 17 of us. We finished our swim a few hours later and then the girls got picked up while the boys biked back home to have a feed and have showers. Later that afternoon my step mum picked up all the kids and we went for a drive out to the look out and watched a movie. The older kids sat in the back ( Boot ) of the truck watching horror movies while the little kids sat in truck watching tangled. We had mattresses, pillow and blankets in the back so it was comfortable for us to lay down on and get comfortable. After a few hours and movies later all the little kids had fallen asleep, so my step mum suggested we take them back home and we could go out. When we got home the big kids walked to the shop to grab some munchies for tonight and we watched movies til early the next morning.


My third day I started getting home sick so my mums parents picked me up and we went to Auckland. When I told my dads family I was leaving they all asked why & my cousins begged me to stay another night because it was going to be boring. I said my goodbyes and headed back down to Auckland. When we arrived in Auckland we went out for lunch and went shopping. I bought a few pairs of shoes & clothes.

This school holidays were probably my favourite one so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekly reflection

  What did I enjoy this week? One thing I enjoyed this week was our collage work, because we were able to add our favourite brands, c...